Chicken Stir Fry
After making this dish many times, I found the perfect sauce that completes this dish. So yummy!
- 1 lb chicken breasts, boneless, skinless, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (12oz) bag broccoli
- 1 (12oz) bag shredded cabbage, mixed
- I carrot, peeled
- 1 green scallion, sliced (optional)
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1/2 cup chicken broth (I used low sodium)
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- salt and pepper
- In a large frying pan or wok, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and sautée for about 5 minutes.
- Add broccoli, mushrooms, cabbage, carrots and green scallions and cook for an additional 5 minutes or until vegtables are tender.
- Add ginger and garlic to pan and cook for 30 seconds more.
- Removes vegetables from pan; place on a plate and cover. Wipe pan clean and add remaining tablespoon of olive oil.
- Season chicken breasts on both sides with salt and pepper. Add to pan and cook for 4-5 minutes or until chicken is golden brown and cooked through.
- Add vegetables back in pan and toss with chicken. Cook for about 2 minutes or until vegetables are warmed through.
- In a medium bowl whisk together teriyaki sauce, chicken broth, soy sauce, honey and sesame oil and pour into pan and cook for 1 minute more.
- In a small bowl whisk together cornstarch with 1 tablespoon of water. Add to pan and bring to a boil; cook for about 1 minute or until sauce begins to thicken.
- Serve immediately. I love it over white rice 🙂