Rustic Cheesy Ham and Veggie Quiche
I am home for a couple days and decided whip up this tasty dish! I could eat quiche for breakfast, lunch or dinner!
- 1 9-inch refrigerated pie crust
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 cup cooked ham, diced
- 1 cup frozen spinach, thawed, squeezed
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place pie crust in a cast iron skillet. Press the bottom and sides, forming dough to the skillet. Pre-bake dough for 10 minutes or until light and puffy. Remove and set aside.
- In separate skillet add butter over medium-high heat. Sautée onion until soft and translucent, about 3-4 minutes. Add in mushrooms and continue to sautée for an additional 2-3 minutes or until cooked and slightly soft. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs and milk. Stir in ham, cheese, spinach, onion, mushrooms, salt and pepper.
- Pour egg mixture into partially baked pie crust.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until center is set.