Cranberry Orange Scones…
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon grated orange zest (from 1/2 orange)
- 1/2 cup (1 stick butter) COLD butter, cut into cubes
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, plus 1 TBSP to brush the top
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon coarse/raw sugar to sprinkle on top, optional but recommended 🙂
Ingredients for Orange Glaze:
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl stir together flour, sugar , baking powder, salt and grated orange zest. Add cold butter and use a pastry cutter (or 2 knives), cut butter into mixture until you have pea sized crumbs.
- Add dried cranberries to flour mixture and stir gently to combine. Make a well in the center and set aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk together eggs and heavy cream. Pour the egg mixture into the flour mixture and stir with a spatula just until moistened.
- Turn dough onto floured surface and pull together into a round disk, about 1 inch thick. Cut disk into equal wedges. Brush tops of scones with 1 tablespoon of heavy cream and sprinkle with raw sugar if using.
- Bake 15-17 minutes, until golden.
Prep time: 15 min.
Cook time: 15 min.
Total time: 30 min.