Grilled Roasted Red Pepper Shrimp
- 2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 (12-ounce) jars roasted red peppers
- 1/2 white onion
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano, fresh
- salt and pepper to taste
- Green onion, sliced for garnish
- In a food processor combine the roasted red peppers, onion, lemon zest and juice, garlic, olive oil, crushed red pepper, oregano and a few pinches of salt and pepper. Pulse until combined.
- Pour half of the marinade over shrimp and marinate for up to 30 minutes.
- Heat grill to medium-high heat and oil grill grates. Remove the shrimp from the marinade and grill for about 2 minutes per side, or until cooked through. The shrimp should be pink.
- Pour the remaining marinade into a sauce pan with 1/4 cup of water. Bring to a boil and then lower to simmer. Simmer for about 5 minutes, or unit slightly thickened.
- Drizzle the sauce over shrimp and garnish with green onions.
- Serve over rice or salad
One thought on “Grilled Roasted Red Pepper Shrimp”
Lovely recipe. Will definitely try this!