Cinnamon Sugar Scones
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar, plus more for top
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, divided
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, frozen and cubed or grated
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 2 eggs, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon.
- Add cubed/grated butter to flour mixture and use a pastry cutter (or 2 knives) to incorporate.
- In a small bowl, whisk together heavy cream, eggs and vanilla extract. Once combined, add to flour mixture and stir until a rough dough forms. Knead dough into a 1 inch thick disk and transfer to baking sheet. Cut the disk into 12 equal wedges.
- In a small bowl whisk together remaining egg and brush the top of scones, then sprinkle with 1 tablespoon sugar and remaining cinnamon.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the scones are golden brown.
- Remove from over and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Whisk together glaze ingredients and drizzle over cooled scones. Yum!!