Skillet Apple Pie
- 5 large apples, peeled, cored, sliced (I used granny smith)
- 3/4 cup sugar, plus 2 tablespoons for top
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon, divided
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 package of refrigerated pie crusts
- 1 egg white
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl toss apples with 3/4 cup sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon.
- Melt butter in skillet on medium-high heat then add brown sugar, stirring constantly until sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat and place one pie crust in skillet over brown sugar mixture.
- Spoon apple mixture over piecrust and top with the remaining pie crust.
- Whisk egg white until it reaches a foamy consistency and brush across top of piecrust.
- Mix together remaining sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle across the whole pie.
- Make a few slits in the top for the steam to escape.
- Bake for about an hour or until crust is golden brown.
- Let cool for about 30 minutes before serving.