Chicken Fajita Lettuce Wraps
- 4 chicken breasts, skinless, boneless, cut into strips
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 bell peppers, sliced (green or red)
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Large lettuce leaves (head of lettuce)
- In a large bowl combine olive oil, bell peppers, onion, garlic, lime juice, chili powder, salt and pepper. Mix together, then add chicken strips and toss so everything is coated.
- Marinate for 30 minutes (optional but recommended)
- In a large skillet heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add peppers and onion and cook for about 6 minutes or until tender and set aside.
- In the same skillet add remaining oil. Add chicken and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally until chicken is no longer pink.
- Add peppers and onion back in and toss to combine. Cook for 1 more minute. Add salt and pepper if needed.
- Spoon chicken mixture over lettuce and add garnish. (I added salsa, sour cream, cilantro, and fresh lime juice)