Cornbread and Cranberry Stuffed Pork Chops
The perfect holiday meal!
- 4 boneless pork chops, about 1 inch think, cut horizontally
- 1 cup cornbread stuffing
- 3 tablespoons chicken stock
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1/3 cup celery, diced
- 2 teaspoons fresh sage, chopped
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, plus more for seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, plus more for seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a ovenproof skillet heat 1 tablespoon oil, add onions and cook until tender, about 3 minutes. Add celery and cook for an additional minute. Remove from heat.
- Add stuffing and chicken stock, stir until liquid is absorbed. Fold in cranberries, sage, salt and pepper.
- Heat remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Stuff porkchops with filling and season both sides of chops with salt and pepper.
- Sear porkchops about 2 minutes on each side, or until golden brown.
- Transfer skillet to oven, cook for 20 minutes, or until meat thermometer reads 155 degrees.
- Let stand for 5 minutes.