A simple but delicious meal!
- 1 pound fettuccine pasta
- 1/2 pound shrimp, peeled, deveined
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta.
- While pasta is cooking, season shrimp with salt and pepper, oil grill grates and grill for about 3 minutes per side, or until shrimp are pink. Set aside.
- In a medium sauce pan over medium heat, add butter, garlic, heavy cream and milk and whisk until melted. Reduce heat to simmer.
- Remove from heat and stir in egg yolk, Parmesan cheese and mozzarella cheese, whisking constantly so egg doesn’t scramble. Continue to whisk until smooth.
- Pour sauce over pasta, add in shrimp and toss to combine. Add dried basil, salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with parsley and serve.