Cheesy Chicken Noodle Casserole
Sometimes you just need a good ole comfort meal… This is your dish!
- 3 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless, cooked, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 white onion, diced
- 2 (10 oz) cans cream of chicken soup
- 2 1/2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 (16 oz) bag egg noodles, cooked
- 1/3 cup panko bread crumbs
- Salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley, chopped
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add butter and onion. Cook for 4-5 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Add in soup and 2 cups of cheese. Slowly whisk in milk.
- Cook until cheese is melted. Stir in chicken and egg noddles. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat oven to broil.
- Remove skillet from heat. Sprinkle remaining cheese across top; then top with bread crumbs.
- Broil for about 2 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and bread crumbs are golden brown. Watch closely so it doesn’t burn!!
- Remove and sprinkle with parsley.