Southern Collard Greens with Dijon and Bacon
The name says it all! Southern food is simply amazing and comforting. I have tried a few recipes with collard greens and this my favorite!
- 1 (16 oz) bag collard greens, fresh
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup bacon, cooked, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2/3 cup water
- In a large skillet heat oil over medium-high heat. Add collard greens and sautée for about 3-4 minutes or until collards start to wilt. Add in onion and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes or until onion is tender. Toss in bacon.
- In a small bowl whisk together dijon mustard, Apple cider vinegar, honey, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, salt and pepper. Add to skillet and stir. Cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in water and cover with lid. Allow to cook for about 5 minutes or until sauce is thickened. Remove and serve warm.