Rocky Road cookie Bars
My oh my…
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup almonds, roughly chopped
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9×13 baking dish with foil, leave some overhang for an easy removal and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer using the paddle attachment, beat butter, sugar and brown sugar on medium speed until fluffy.
- Add in eggs one at a time and almond extract and continue to beat.
- Lower speed of mixer and slowly add in flour, baking soda and salt and mix until combined.
- Remove bowl from the mixer and fold in chocolate chips and almonds.
- Transfer batter into baking dish and bake for 35 minutes or until golden brown and a tooth pick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Remove and allow to cool completely before placing marshmallow glaze.
- For the glaze: Place marshmallows and shortening in a small microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds, remove and give it a stir. Place back in for an additional 30 seconds, remove and stir until marshmallows are completely melted. Spread glaze evenly over cooled bars with a butter knife. Cut and Serve.