Key Lime Pie
This pie is absolutely heavenly!
- 1 1/3 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 (14 oz) cans sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup key lime juice
- 4 teaspoons lime zest (about 2 limes)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a mdium bowl mix together graham cracker crumbs, sugar, salt and butter until combined. Press graham cracker mixture into bottom and sides of a 9-inch pie pan. Bake for 8 minutes. Remove and allow to cook for about 20 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together sweetened condensed milk, sour cream, key lime juice and lime zest until mixture is smooth. Pour into pie pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Remove and let cool at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Place in refrigerator for at least 2-3 hours to chill before serving.
- For the whipped cream: Place all ingredients into a bowl. Using a hand mixer, beat until stiff peaks form. Pipe or spread on chilled pie.
- Garnish with lime zest and toasted almonds, optional.