Glazed Cinnamon Crumb Cake
1 stick butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup milk
5 tablespoons butter, softened
3/4 cup flour
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg (optional)
1 cup powdered sugar
1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a stand mixer, mix butter and sugar on low speed, scraping the sides occasionally. Then add vanilla and egg. Mix until combined.
- In a separate bowl whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. Add half of it to the mixer and mix until combined. Add the milk. Once milk is mostly incorporated then add in the remaining flour mixture.
- Topping: In a food processor add butter, flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg and pulse until crumbs are formed.
- Grease a 9×13 baking dish. Pour in the cake batter then evenly sprinkle topping over cake batter.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool for about 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl mix all glaze ingredients together and drizzle over cake.