Sour Cream and Chives Mashed Potatoes
These are heavenly!
- 1 pound russet idaho potatates, scrubbed, peeled if desired
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons butter, unsalted
- 1 0r 2 tablespoons milk (start with 1, add the 2nd if needed)
- 1 tablespoon chives, chopped fine (reserve 1 tsp for garnish)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Peel potatoes completely or peel off half of the skin. (I always leave some skin on as it adds more flavor)
- Cut potatoes into cubes and place in a large pot. Add enough water cover the potatoes, then add 1 tablespoon of salt.
- Boil for about 20 minutes, or until fork tender.
- Drain potatoes and place into a mixing bowl. Mix about 1 minute.
- Place sour cream, butter, milk, chives, salt and pepper and mix until smooth and fluffy.
- Garnish with chives and enjoy!!