Peanut Butter Cookies
The best soft and chewy cookies!
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar, plus 1 tablespoon for top
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup peanut butter chips, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray or parchment paper.
- Using a hand mixer or a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together peanut butter, softened butter, sugar and brown sugar; mixing well until creamy.
- Add egg and vanilla and continue to mix until combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt. Slowly add dry ingredients into peanut butter mixture and mix until all ingredients are blended. Fold in peanut butter chips if using.
- Roll dough into about 1 inch balls and place on baking sheet. Press fork into the tops to create the criss-cross pattern. Sprinkle tops of cookies with remaining tablespoon of sugar.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until tops begin to slightly crack. Be careful not to overbake. Remove and let cool on baking sheet for 2 minutes then transfer to cooling rack.