This Carribean style rice pairs great with any dish!
- 2 cups white rice (you can also use brown)
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 red onion, quartered
- 1 (8 oz) can pineapples, sliced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon lime juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, fresh
- In a medium sauce pan bring chicken broth to a boil. Stir in rice. Reduce heat to low. Cover and cook for 20 minutes or until rice is tender. Toss cooked rice with olive oil.
- Heat grill pan or outdoor grill to high heat. Grill onion and pineapple until charred.
- Dice onion and pineapple. Toss in rice, add lime juice, salt, pepper. Garnish with cilantro.