Chicken Noodle Soup
Chicken noodle soup is by far one of my favorite foods. It’s warm, hearty and packed with so much flavor!
- 3 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 2 cups carrots, peeled, sliced
- 3 stocks celery, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (16 oz) bag egg noodles
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- In a large pot or slow cooker, place chicken and drizzle with olive oil. Add broth, onion, carrots, celery, garlic, bay leaf, oregano, italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Cook on low for 6-7 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
- Remove chicken and bay leaf. Discard bay leaf. Shred chicken and place back in pot. Add egg noodles and parsley and cook for 10 minutes or until noodles are tender. Serve.