Chocolate Chip Muffins
My extra chocolate chip muffins are moist and delicious! Perfect for breakfast or dessert! Or if you’re like me, I love it for an afternoon snack.
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chocolate chips (I have used milk, semi sweet and dark for these and I love them all)
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted, cooled
- 1/2 cup sugar plus 1 tablespoon for top, optional
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Spray a 12 cup muffin tray with non-stick cooking spray or line with paper cups.
- In a large bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and chocolate chips. In a medium bowl whisk together butter, sugar, brown sugar, vanilla, eggs and buttermilk.
- Slowing fold dry ingredients into wet ingredients until just combined. Be careful not to over mix. Divide batter evenly into 12 muffin cups and sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon of sugar, if desired.
- Bake for 5 minutes, then turn oven heat down to 375 degrees F and bake for another 12-14 minutes or until tops are golden brown. Remove and allow to cool for about 10 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!!