Skillet Caprese Chicken
This dish is absolutely heavenly!
- 2 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- 1/4 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1 small mozzarella ball, sliced into 1 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
- Basalmic glaze, drizzled over top
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, sliced into ribbons
- Preheat oven to 375 degree F.
- Heat a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Season both sides of chicken with salt and pepper. Then sprinkle with garlic powder. Place chicken in hot skillet. Cook for about 5 minutes per side or until both sides are golden brown.
- Add 2 slices of mozzarella on each breast then layer tomatoes on top of cheese.
- Place in oven and bake for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly and chicken is cooked through. Remove chicken and drizzle basalmic glaze and sprinkle with basil.