So moist and amazing! Perfect for breakfast on the go!
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup sugar, plus 1 tablespoon for top
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 6 oz. fresh or frozen blueberries
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spray a 12 cup muffin tray with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and nutmeg. In a medium bowl whisk together oil, egg, heavy cream and vanilla until combined. Add wet mixture to flour mixture and mix together until JUST combined. Do not over mix. Once combined, gently fold in blueberries. Batter will be thick, you want that.
- Divide the batter between muffin cups. Note: (This recipe will make 10-11 muffins depending how much you fill each cup with. Fill any empty cups with 2 tablespoons of water to help all the muffins bake evenly). Sprinkle remaining sugar on top of each muffin.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until tops are golden and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out dry.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.