- 4 large bell peppers
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 1 cup cooked rice, white or brown
- 1 cup tomatoe sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut the tops of peppers off to remove the stems and seeds. Set aside.
- Fill a large pot with enough water to cover a pepper. When water comes to a boil place in peppers and boil for 5 minutes. Remove and place on a paper towel to dry.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add beef and onion and cook until beef is no longer pink, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes. Drain.
- Return to stove and stir in rice, tomato sauce, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes, salt, pepper and parsley until warmed through.
- Stuff peppers with meat mixture and place upright in a baking dish. Pour more tomato sauce over pepper. Cover tightly with foil.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil and sprinkle with cheese. Place back in oven for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
2 thoughts on “Stuffed Peppers”
Love a good stuffed pepper!!
You and me both!!