Beef Tips and Mushrooms
The slow cooker makes the beef tender enough to shred with a fork. It will melt in your mouth!
- 2 lbs top sirloin, cubed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cups low sodium beef broth
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons dried chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- Fresh thyme for garnish
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add olive oil and butter. Once butter is melted place half of the sirloin cubes in a single layer, don’t crowd the pan. Season with salt and pepper. Allow beef to sit untouched for 2-3 minutes then stir and cook just long enough to sear the beef without cooking it through. Use a slotted spoon to remove beef and place in a slow cooker. Repeat with remeaining beef, salt and pepper.
- Once all beef is in crock pot, add beef broth, italian seasoning, thyme, onion, worcestershire sauce, garlic, mushrooms and top with the bay leaf.
- Cover and cook in slow cooker on low for 5-6 hours, or high for 3-4 hours or until beef is fork tender.
- In a small bowl, whisk together cornstarch and water until combined and pour into slow cooker. Stir until sauce starts to thicken and cook on low for an additional 10 minutes. Removed bay leaf and serve warm over mashed potatoes or noodles and garnish with thyme.