Sausage and Peppers
- 6 italian sausages (I used hot but you can also use sweet)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to broil. Spray a large baking sheet with non stick cooking spray. Lay sausage links in a line. Place in oven and broil for 3-4 minutes per side or until brown on all sides. Keep a close eye on them so they don’t burn. Remove from oven and place sausage into a 9×13 baking dish. Lower heat to 350 degrees F.
- Place olive oil, peppers, onion, garlic, italian seasoning, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper over sausage. Give it a good toss to make sure ingredients are fully coated. Cover baking dish with foil and place in oven. Bake for 40-45 minutes. Remove foil and bake for an additional 10 minutes or until peppers and onions are tender and sausage is cooked.
- Remove and allow to cool for 5-10 minutes. Serve on a roll or over rice.