All natural bars and nothing artificial. You won’t be able to eat just one!
- 1 cup almonds, whole
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup flax seeds
- 1 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup raisins, seedless
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- Line a 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper, leaving extra on the ends to pull out of the pan when finished.
- In a food processor add almonds, chocolate chips and flax seeds. Pulse a few times until almonds are in small pieces. Place mixture in a large bowl. Add oats, cranberries, raisins and salt and mix well.
- In a small microwaveable bowl melt the peanut butter for about 1 minute. Stir in honey and mix until combined. Allow to cool slightly before adding to dry mixture so you don’t melt the chocolate chips. Pour the peanut butter mixture into the bowl with the dry ingredients. Fold with a spatula until everything is coated.
- Pour mixture into baking dish and press down with fingers packing it tightly until mixture is in a even layer. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Remove and pull the granola bars out of the dish with the edges of the parchment paper. Cut into 12 bars. Store in an air tight container at room temperature.