Dill and Lemon Steak Kabobs with Dill Tzatziki Sauce
- 2 lbs sirloin steak, cut in 1-inch cubes
- 1 green pepper, seeded, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 1 white onion, cut in 1 inch- pieces
- 1/2 cup olive oil, plus 2 tablespoons for frying
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon white wine, dry
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Dill Tzatziki Sauce:
- 1 cup greek yogurt
- Juice and Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Soak wood skewers in water for at least 20 minutes. Dry well. Layer on steak pieces, peppers and onion. Place in a shallow baking dish.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, zest, wine, dijon mustard, dill, garlic, salt and pepper. Pour mixture over Kabobs, cover and place in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- In a small bowl combine all the tzatziki ingredients. Cover and place in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- In a large cast iron skillet heat remaining olive oil over medium-high heat. When hot, place kabobs in skillet and sear for 2-3 minutes on each side or until steak is well brown and vegetables are tender. Make sure to sear all 4 sides.
- Serve with tzatziki sauce and garnish with dill.