Pork Loin with Sauerkraut
I grew up eating this mouth watering poin loin. Its tender and delcious! Definitely a popular dish in our family!
- 3 lb pork loin, trimmed of excess fat
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 medium white onion, diced
- 1 (27 oz) can sauerkraut, shredded
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- Pork gravy, can or homemade
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a shallow baking dish place the pork loin. Drizzle with olive and rub with hands until pork is fully coated. Sprinkle with a generous amount of salt and pepper. Place onion, garlic and sauerkraut over pork. Cover with foil.
- Roast for 50-60 minutes or until meat thermometer reads 150 degrees in the center of the roast. Remove and allow to rest for 10 minutes.
- Slice and serve with pork gravy.