Smoked Pork Butt
It doesn’t get much tastier than this! The pork falls right off the bone. Extremely tender and luscious! My husband gets all the credit for this recipe!
- 7 lb pork butt, bone in, trim excess fat
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons pepper
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 1/2 tablespoon celery salt
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 cups hickory wood chips
- Place pork butt in a shallow dish. Pour Apple cider vinegar over pork.
- In a small bowl combine salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, celery salt, parsley, oregano, thyme and chili powder. Rub spice mixture over pork, covering completely.
- Cover pork with foil and place in the refrigerator over night.
- Remove pork from refrigerator and allow to get to room temperature, about 1 hour. Rub out side of pork with brown sugar.
- Heat smoker to 225-250 degrees. Add a hand full of wood chips and allow a steady smoke to accumulate.
- Place pork butt in smoker and smoke for 8-10 hours or until internal temperature reaches 195-205 degrees, adding a hand full of wood chips every hour for the first 4 hours. ( If having trouble reaching internal temperature, cover pork with foil for remainder of cooking time.)
- Remove pork and allow to rest for 1 hour.
- Shred meat to desired consistency and serve on a roll or over rice. Recommended to use bbq sauce of choice. Yum!!