Seared Scallops with a Lemon, Garlic and White Wine Sauce
If you love scallops, you’re going to enjoy this dish!
- 1 lb jumbo scallops
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 gloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- Rinse scallops with cold water and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Generously sprinkle the scallops with salt and pepper on both sides.
- In a cast iron skillet, heat olive oil over high heat.
- Gently place scallops in skillet, making sure they are not touching- It took me two batches. Sear scallops for 1-2 minutes on each side or until both sides are golden brown and translucent in the middle. Try not to touch them while they are searing. Remove from skillet.
- Once both batches are finished, make the sauce. Reduce heat to medium-high. Carefully pour in wine to deglaze the pan, scraping all the goodness off the bottom. Add butter, garlic and lemon juice. Stir for about 1 minute or until butter is melted. Pour sauce over scallops and garnish with parsley. Yum!!!