Light and Healthy Pancakes
We love pancakes in our house! But they aren’t always figure friendly. This recipe allows you to enjoy pancakes without feeling guilty! They are light, fluffy and good for you!
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together egg, greek yogurt, honey, milk and vanilla extract until smooth. Whisk in melted butter.
- Pour wet ingredients into the dry and whisk until just combined. Try not to over mix batter. (Batter will be thick, that’s good).
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Spray with non-stick cooking spray. Use a 1/4 cup measuring cup to scoop batter into skillet. Cook pancakes for 2-3 on each side, or until lightly brown. (Once bubbles start to form on the first side, you know its time to flip).
- Serve warm and enjoy with toppings of choice!