Creamy Garlic Parmesan Risotto
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 shallot, diced
- 3/4 cup arborio rice
- 1/4 cup white wine, dry
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup half and half cream
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, choppped
- Heat chicken broth to a simmer in a small sauce pan, then lower the heat so stock stays hot.
- In a large skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat, add shallot and sautée for 2-3 minutes or until tender. Add rice, wine and garlic to skillet and stir for 1 minute.
- Reduce heat to medium and slowly add in hot chicken broth, a little at a time (about 2-3 tablespoons). Wait until liquid evaporates, then add a little more. Continue doing this for about 15 minutes, until rice is tender and creamy. Remove from heat, stir in half and half and parmesan cheese.
- Serve warm and garnish with extra parmesan cheese and parsley.