Chocolate Lovers Cupcakes
If you’re a chocolate lover like me, then you’re going to love these extremely moist and chocolatey cupcakes with chocolate frosting!
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- Pinch of salt
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a muffin pan with cupcake liners. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt until combined and lumps are gone.
- In a medium bowl stir together water, oil, lemon juice and vanilla.
- Add wet ingredients into dry ingredients and stir together until just combined.
- Using a scoop, divide batter evenly into muffin cups.
- Bake 18-20 minutes or until tooth pick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely before frosting.
- In a bowl, whisk together powdered sugar, cocoa powder and salt until combined.
- Add in butter and vanilla, beat on low for 5 minutes. Slowly add in milk and continue to beat until you reach desired consistency.
- Use a decorating bag or offset spatula to apply frosting.