Cauliflower Fried Rice
If you love Chinese take-out like I do, but you don’t always want all the carbs… This recipe is for you! This dish is packed with all the same flavors of fried rice but made with cauliflower instead. You will be surprised how good this is! Hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/3 cup carrots, diced
- 1/3 cup frozen peas
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons scallions, sliced
- Chop cauliflower head into chunks and place in a food processor fitted with the grated attachment. Pulse until it resembles rice. Set aside.
- In a large skillet or wok heat sesame oil over medium heat. Add in carrots, peas and onion and sauté for 2-3 minutes or until tender.
- Slide veggie mixture to one side of the skillet. Pour beaten eggs into the empty side, scrambling until cooked through, then incorporate with veggie mixture.
- In a small bowl, whisk toegther soy sauce, honey, ginger, garlic, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper.
- Stir cauliflower into veggie mixture, then pour soy sauce mixture over top, mixing well. Cook for 4-5 minutes or until cauliflower is tender and soft.
- Remove from heat and garnish with scallions.