Chicken Teriyaki Stir-Fry
This is an easy week night dinner that takes no time at all! Delicious over rice, lo-mein or simply alone! I just love teriyaki!
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 lb chicken breast, boneless, skinless, sliced into strips
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil, divided
- 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce, divided
- 1 cup white cabbage, chopped
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 tsp ginger, grated
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper
- 2-3 tablespoons scallions, sliced
- In a dry skillet over medium heat place the sesame seeds. Toast for 3-5 minutes, or until lightly browned, stirring frequently. Set aside.
- In a large skillet or wok, heat 1 tablespoon of sesame oil over medium heat. Place chicken and half of the teriyaki sauce and cook for 4-5 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Set aside.
- Add remaining oil to skillet and place cabbage, broccoli, peppers, Mushrooms and onion and cook for 3-5 minutes or until veggies are tender. Add in remaining teriyaki sauce, garlic, ginger, red pepper, salt and pepper and cook for additional 30 seconds.
- Return chicken to the pan and cook for 1 minute, or until warmed. Remove from heat and sprinkle toasted sesame seeds and scallions for garnish.
- Serve over rice or noodles.