Cheesecake with Strawberry Sauce
Who doesn’t love a classic creamy cheesecake? This recipe is super easy and always a hit! My homemade strawberry sauce completes this dessert!
- 1 1/2 cups graham crackers (about 12)
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 3 (8 oz) packages cream cheese
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 lb fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a food processor add all the crust ingredients and pulse until combined. Pack crust mixture firmly into a 9-inch spring-pan.
- In a stand mixer beat together cream cheese, sugar, egg yolks, lime juice and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, beat together egg whites until stiff and fluffy. Fold egg whites into cream cheese mixture gently. Pour mixture into springform pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes. Turn off oven and leave in the oven for another hour.
- Place in refrigerator for 2-3 hours before serving.
- For the strawberry sauce: Place Strawberries in a small saucepan, pour sugar and lemon juice on top.
- In a small bowl whisk together cornstarch and water until cornstarch is dissolved. Pour over strawberries and stir gently. Heat over medium-high heat until sauce comes to a simmer, stirring frequently and gently.
- Reduce heat slightly but make sure the sauce is still simmering. Cook for about 5 minutes or until sauce is thickened, stirring often.
- Remove from heat and allow a few minutes to cool slightly. Serve over cheesecake.