Chili Lime Shrimp and Pineapple Skewers
Shrimp is so simple to cook and only takes minutes. Grilled shrimp is one of my favorite ways to have it. It adds a nice char and takes on any flavor you season it with! And what better combo then shrimp and pineapple!
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled, deveined, tail off
- 2 cups pineapple, cut into chunks
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- Zest of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- Soak wood skewers in water for 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl mix together chili powder, lime zest, paprika, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, dried cilantro, coriander, salt and pepper until combined.
- Pat the wood skewers completely dry. Line with shrimp and pineapple.
- Drizzle shrimp and pineapple with olive oil, then sprinkle with chili-lime mixture, coating well.
- Heat grill to medium-high heat and oil grill grates. Place shrimp skewers on grill and cook for 2-3 per side, or until shrimp are pink and cooked through.
- Remove and squeeze with lime juice and garnish with fresh cilantro.