Grilled Swordfish w/ Lemon Butter and Basil
- 2 (1 inch-thick) swordfish steaks
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Heat grill to high heat.
- Rub swordfish on both sides with olive oil, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, place butter, lemon juice, garlic, basil, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes and stir to combine. Set aside until ready to serve.
- Generously oil grill grates and place fish on grill. Grill for 4-5 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Be careful not to over cook.
- Remove fish and place 1 tablespoon of butter mixture over fish, allowing it to melt over the top. Let the fish rest for about 2 minutes before serving. Garnish with extra basil, optional.