Pecan-Topped Cinnamon Rolls w/ Cream Cheese Frosting
So soft and gooey!
- 1 cup warm milk
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 3 cups flour
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped, toasted
- In a stand mixer, combine milk, yeast, sugar, salt, butter and egg and beat until combined. Switch to the hook attachment, add flour and mix on low speed until flour starts to incorporate into dough. Turn speed to medium and continue mixing until dough starts to pull away from sides. Dough should be soft and tacky but should not stick to your hands.
- Lightly oil a medium bowl and transfer dough into it. Cover with a towel and allow to rise until double in size, about 1 hour.
- Grease a 9×13 baking dish. Punch down the dough and roll into a 12×18 rectangle.
- Brush dough with melted butter. In a small bowl combine brown sugar cinnamon and nutmeg. Sprinkle mixture on top of butter, covering completely. Roll dough up tightly lengthwise so you have log. Using a sharp knife, cut dough into 12 1-inch slices.
- Place the slices into greased baking dish. Cover with towel and allow to rise about 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Bake rolls for 15-20 minutes or until tops are golden.
- While cinnamon rolls are baking, prepare the cream cheese frosting.
- In a large bowl add cream cheese and butter and beat until light and fluffy. Add in powdered sugar and vanilla. Slowly add in milk and beat until it reaches a smooth drizzle-like consistency.
- Icing the rolls while they are still warm. Sprinkle with toasted pecans. You can also fold the pecans into frosting, either way good 🙂
2 thoughts on “Pecan-Topped Cinnamon Rolls w/ Cream Cheese Frosting”
Yum! These look amazing! I love the fact that the recipe is made with everyday ingredients most people would have. I really want to try these! Thanks for sharing.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you! Recipes that include all pantry items are the best! Enjoy!!
LikeLiked by 1 person