Cannellini Bean and Parmesan Soup
This soup is quick, easy and delicious!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 yellow squash, diced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 cups vegetable stock
- 1 (15 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated, extra for topping
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cans cannellini beans
- 2 cups baby spinach, fresh
- 2 cups kale, fresh
- 1/4 cup parsley, fresh, chopped
- In a large pot or dutch oven, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add in onion, squash and garlic, cook for 3-4 minutes or until they are soft and translucent.
- Add in vegetable stock, tomatoes, Parmesan cheese, italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer and cover for about 5 minutes. This allows all the flavors to come together.
- Stir in cannellini beans, spinach and kale and continue to simmer until spinach and kale has wilted (about 2 minutes). Stir in parsley and serve immediately. Top with extra Parmesan cheese if desired.