Mexican Stuffed Peppers
A fun twist on the classic stuffed pepper!
- 4 bell peppers, halved, seeded
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1 package taco seasoning
- Salt and pepper
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans
- 1 (15 oz) can corn
- 1 Roma tomato, diced
- 2 tablespoons picketed jalapeños, diced
- 1 (16 oz ) jar salsa
- 2 cups Mexican cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper or silicon mat. Place halved peppers on baking sheet. Set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown turkey until cooked all the way through. Stir in taco seasoning, salt and pepper, making sure meat is completely coated.
- Add in black beans, corn, tomato, jalapeños, salsa, and half of the cheese. Stir until combined.
- Fill peppers with turkey mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Remove and top with remaining cheese, bake for 5-10 more minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Garnish with sour cream and cilantro, optional.