Grilled Asian Shrimp and Veggies
- 1 lb. large shrimp, peeled, deveined
- 2 cups broccoli
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded, sliced
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 1 cup sugar snap peas
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh cilantro and sesame seeds for garnish
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 lime, zest and juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- In a large bowl, whisk together marinade ingredients until combined. Reserve half of marinade for later. Add in shrimp to the other half of the marinade and coat completely. Cover and place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Heat grill to medium-high heat. In a large bowl, add broccoli, bell peppers, onion, sugar snap peas and mushrooms. Drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper and toss until combined. Pour veggie mixture into a grill basket and place on direct heat. Cook for about 30 minutes, or until tender. Make sure to toss every 10 minutes or so.
- Remove shrimp from marinade and place on metal skewers. Place on grill and cook for 3 minutes on each side, or until pink and opaque.
- Place veggies in a serving bowl and top with shrimp. Drizzle sauce over shrimp and veggies and garnish with cilantro and sesame seeds.