- 2 3/4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, room temperature
Cinnamon sugar mixture
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a baking mat. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a large bowl of a mixer, cream together butter, sugar and brown sugar until combined. Add in vanilla and eggs one at a time, allowing to mix after each.
- With the mixer on low, slowly add in the dry ingredients until just combined. Do not over mix.
- In a small bowl, add the cinnamon sugar mixture and mix until combined.
- Measure dough into 1 inch balls. Roll dough in hand, then roll in cinnamon sugar mixture. Place on baking sheet.
- Bake for 8 minutes or until light brown around the edges. You want a soft, chewy cookie. Be careful not to over bake.
- Remove and allow to cool for 5 minutes on baking sheet before moving them to cooling rack.